DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
The Village of Decatur established a Downtown Development Authority by virtue of the authority granted in MCL 125.4201 et seq. A public hearing in regard to the establishment of a Downtown Development Authority was held in accordance with MCL 125.4201 et seq., at the Village Hall at 7:30 p.m. on August 17, 1981.
The purpose of the Downtown Development Authority is to eliminate causes of deterioration and to promote and provide for the economic growth and improvement of the business district of the Village. The powers and duties of the Downtown Development Authority are those enumerated in MCL 125.4207 and the authority shall be under the supervision and control of a board consisting of the president of the Village and nine members appointed by said president, subject to the approval of the Village Council as provided in MCL 125.4204.
Development of the Decatur Central Business District – DDA Plan1981
Agendas and Minutes - Here
Meetings are held at Decatur Village Hall, 114 N Phelps Street, Decatur, MI 49045 at 1:00 P.M. the 2nd Wednesday of the month.
DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- James Creagan – First State Bank
- Jay Newell – Newell Insurance Agency, Inc
- David Moormann – Decatur Republican
- Lee Moser – MWA Financial Services Inc, Modern Woodmen of America
- Elissa Zimmer – Van Buren District Library, Webster Memorial Branch
- Roger Kemp – Decatur Automotive Supply
- Mary Miller – The Mousse Lodge
- Jami Swihart – Honor Credit Union
- Matt Cooper – Cooper Law Office
DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY BUSINESS SPOTLIGHTS