If you have questions regarding your property tax bill or payment options, contact the Village Clerk & Treasurer’s Office at (269) 423-6114.
Forms of Payment: Cash, Credit Card, Personal Check, Cashiers Check, Money Order
TAX DUE DATES
Due Dates for Property Taxes: Taxes are due by September 15th, unless this falls on a weekend or holiday, then they are due on the following business day.
- For 2023, Village Taxes will be accepted by the Village Office through September 15th without penalty.
- As of September 16th, all Property Taxes will become delinquent. After that date, 1% interest is added on September 16th and the first of each month. Taxes are payable to the Village thru February 28, 2024. On March 1, 2024, taxes are payable to Van Buren County with an additional 4% administration fee & 1% interest per month.
- The due date of these taxes can be deferred until February 28, 2024 without interest, if this is your Homestead, and you are at least 62 years of age or disabled, and your household income was under $40,000 last year or if this is AG land. You must apply for the deferment at the Village Treasurer’s Office by September 14, 2023.
VILLAGE OF DECATUR ELECTRONIC TAX PAYMENT OPTIONS
- ONLINE PAYMENTS – Click HERE to pay online. *Fee will be applied.
- CALL TO PAY – Call (844) 647-6505 (please have your tax bill on hand to provide your parcel number). *Fee will be applied.
- Debit or Credit Card: 2.75%
We now offer the ability to sign up for electronic presentment of your property tax bills. Please click HERE to sign up.
**Please note, due to State of Michigan law, a physical tax bill is required to be mailed for each parcel and signing up for this service WILL NOT interrupt receiving a paper copy each year.