If you would like to pay your utility bill online via a one-time payment method, you will access the system using this link ONE-TIME PAYMENT. Please follow the prompts to pay your bill and complete your transaction. You will need your full account number to look up your bill and make a payment.
ONLINE ACCOUNT ACCESS
If you would like to register for an online account to view and pay your utility bills online or if you have already established a user name and password, please click on the following link: REGISTER/MANAGE MY ACCOUNT.
BENEFITS OF SETTING UP AN ONLINE ACCOUNT
- Receive your utility bill instantly the day it’s generated.
- Help save our environment and elect to enroll in PAPERLESS BILLING.
- Store several different payment options (credit or debit cards, checking or savings accounts).
- Set up automatic payments.
- Send an online request to our office.
- Pay by text.
PAY BY PHONE
The Village of Decatur utilizes an automated phone system to process payments made by phone. This ensures a higher level of security for your payment information. To make a payment by phone, please call (844) 647-6505.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please email us at [email protected], call the Water & Sewer Department at (269) 423-6114, or you can stop by Village Hall at 114 N Phelps ST between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday (closed for lunch from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm)
If you have questions regarding your property tax bill or payment options, contact the Village Clerk & Treasurer’s Office at (269) 423-6114.
TAX DUE DATES
Due Dates for Property Taxes: Taxes are due by September 15th, unless this falls on a weekend or holiday, then they are due on the following business day.
- Village Taxes will be accepted by the Village Office through September 15th without penalty.
- As of September 16th, all Property Taxes will become delinquent. After that date, 1% interest is added on September 16th and the first of each month. Taxes are payable to the Village thru February 28, 2022. On March 1, 2022, taxes are payable to Van Buren County with an additional 4% administration fee & 1% interest per month.
- The due date of these taxes can be deferred until February 28, 2023 without interest, if this is your Homestead, and you are at least 62 years of age or disabled, and your household income was under $40,000 last year or if this is AG land. You must apply for the deferment at the Village Treasurer’s Office by September 14, 2023.
VILLAGE OF DECATUR ELECTRONIC TAX PAYMENT OPTIONS
- ONLINE PAYMENTS – Click HERE to pay online. *Fee will be applied.
- CALL TO PAY – Call (844) 647-6505 (please have your tax bill on hand to provide your parcel number). *Fee will be applied.
We now offer the ability to sign up for electronic presentment of your property tax bills. Please click HERE to sign up.
**Please note, due to State of Michigan law, a physical tax bill is required to be mailed for each parcel and signing up for this service WILL NOT interrupt receiving a paper copy each year.