The Decatur Village council created the role of the Village Manager in 1998 to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Village. As a liaison between the Village Council and Village residents, the Village Manager’s goal is to ensure that Village services are provided to the citizens in a responsive and cost-efficient manner. To that end, the Village Manager is also responsible for fostering economic development and long-term fiscal integrity to ensure an appropriate growth pattern for the Village.
Feel free to contact the Village Manager, Christopher Tapper at (269) 423-6114 or at [email protected]
- Oversight and coordination of the day-to-day operations of the Village.
- Development and implementation of policies, procedures, programs, and ordinances.
- Supervision of all Village departments and staff.
- Administration of the Village budget, management of fiscal policy, and oversight of financial activity.
- Long-range planning of strategic initiatives, asset management, infrastructure, and community projects.
- Community relations liaison and media spokesperson for the Village of Decatur.